FSP

http://static.reecesrainbow.org/donation-box/fsp-Speicher.html

Friday, April 4, 2014

It happened!!!!

Today was the day!  It didn't happen at all like I had prepared for it.  In my mind, it would be the middle of the day, and I would be expecting it.....the phone call.

For whatever reason, I was up at 5:30 this morning.  I had a lot on my mind, and I "personal messaged" a friend on Facebook before the light of day.  As I was planning out the day in my head, it went nothing like how it is now playing out.  I heard Joel stirring before 7.  So I got him, brought him back to bed to snuggle with me.  Ah, that didn't happen as he giggled at the wiggly monster hand continued to tickle him.  That spurred Dad to get up and get moving on time.  I don't even know what time the phone rang, maybe 7:30.

Dave answered and gave me a questioning look.  I could hear that it was a woman on the line.  Maybe it was my friend that I had just "PM" on Facebook.  So Dave handed me the phone.  "Hello.  Kathy?  This is Nancy. Watcha doing?"  Well to be honest, I was trying to figure out who Nancy was...LOL!  Oh, but it only took a few seconds for my database to work through all the Nancy's that I knew.  Then I think I screamed, or something like that.  Then she said something like"are you packed or ready to pack"...no disrespect to her, but the rest of the conversation was a blur.  I went straight to my list of things to do.

Today has been a blur of reading the many e-mails of things to get done before we leave.  We are still in the process of figuring out where are kiddos will be.  This is one of those times when I REALLY, REALLY miss mom.  I hate the thought of burdening someone else with my children, even as awesome as they are.  But,  my mom would have done it...may not have enjoyed every moment, but I could have rested easy in knowing they were loving cared for.  Even so, this is the path that God has called us to and He will clear this situation up too.  We have several offers, don't get me wrong.  I just really hate to burden people.  Something that I WILL have to work through. 

So now flights are being booked, people are being notified, house is being cleaned, lists are being scribbled everywhere.  Through all of this there is still that peace, that small voice saying this is a good thing, no need to fear. God laid this plan, we obeyed and picked it up and started walking with it. 

Ya know, I just realized that I have not been reading my Bible as much lately.  I better get back to that.  Let me write that on my list.  I need a new Bible.  A while ago, I wanted a new version, an ESV.  So I went to the store spent A LOT of time picking out just the right one.  I even had my name engraved on the front.  I had it for a month or so, had not taken it out of the box.  Then figured I better break it in.  I went to look something up ....what?  What is this saying?????  Somehow I had picked up a New Living Translation. How di that happen?  Completely not good for real studying.  It reads nice, but isn't real accurate.  So I better make sure I get the right one, this time.  I think I will be having a lot of time for reading while in country.

Everyone keeps asking how they can help.  Please pray!  The country is a little rocky right now.  I know families will not be bringing the kids home that they first had hoped because of political garbage.  I will leave that to God and the politicians. I just want to get there and get my little guy.  Another thing, if you have any extra cash you have lying around, just waiting to help aid an orphan out of his impoverished  life, we could really use the help at this point.  We are still way off of our goal.  God will provide, so please don't feel bad if you can't.  God love a cheerful giver, and so do we!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment