FSP

http://static.reecesrainbow.org/donation-box/fsp-Speicher.html

Monday, March 31, 2014

Closer still!

This past weekend Dave and I took advantage of a marriage series that our church was hosting.  It was called "The Art of Marriage."  It was very nice to break away from the norms of the day, the details of getting ready for our trip to Eastern Europe, and just getting to spend time focusing on my husband.  The past 7 months have really been consumed with every inch of this adoption process.  I have enjoyed most of it.  But there have been some really stressful moments too, but ALL worth the child we will be coming home with.

I have said this before, and I will say it again.....physical pregnancy , in my opinion is easier.  It has many parallels though.  Now that we are about 7 months into this, we are at the point where a lot of first time moms are really tired and "over" being pregnant, BUT then they realize that they have to PHYSICALLY have the baby.  That can be scary!  Well, I am really tired and "over" the process, BUT now I started to focus on how we have to leave our babies here and fly far away for many weeks.  Scary!

Don't get me wrong.  I am very excited about our future with our new son.  Just the getting there and the absence of my kiddos is a bit overwhelming for me now.  The reality is hitting.  We will not be surprised if we get out travel dates this week.  We very well may not get them.....but we are preparing as if we will be leaving soon. Won't be long......

Please keep our family in prayer as we finish all of our planning.  There is a lot to think of, a lot to have prepared.  Besides the ones at home to have care for, we have one at college that we have to find a plan for his return from college, as we will most likely be out of the country.  We will mostly likely be missing our oldest daughters senior prom, and really hoping our timeline works that we will not be missing her graduation at the end of May.  We will be missing youngest daughter's 6th birthday, the one that I promised to have a big party with school friends....a nice summer party will have to work along with a grad party.  I guess you see where I am going with all of this.  Mere details, though.

I keep my eyes fixed on the "prize."  Several years from now none of the small details will even matter.  But, Jeremy will be running around the yard playing with the others enjoying life that he would not have know in the orphanage.  I thank God that He opened our eyes to the world of orphans.  Yes, it will be a responsibility to share the news with other.  Others need to know, to do their part in caring for the world's children.



1 comment:

  1. Hello!! A co-worker of my husband went to a birthday party that was helping a family adopting via RR. Is this your family? If so, I believe we live very close to you!! We have been blessed to adopt thru RR three times. My e/m is: summer@stny.rr.com, I would love to chat with you!!! Hope to talk to you soon, Summer Spitz

    ReplyDelete