FSP

http://static.reecesrainbow.org/donation-box/fsp-Speicher.html

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Good times!!!

It has been very busy around the Speicher household.  Last Wednesday morning we received our i171h(immigration approval) in the mail.  All day was spent in a mad dash trying to get Dave and I on the same page so we could get this document notarized.  We found a very nice elderly man close to Dave's work that notarized our document.  I had it approved.  I ran and had the documents overnighted to my brother in law.  See we were racing against the clock.  The next family to be leaving for our country was leaving Saturday.  I still needed to have our paperwork apostilled at our state's capitol and then in to the hands of the departing family within 2 days. My brother in law became our personal courier, went to the state capitol and waited for our paperwork to be signed off then hopped in his car and hand delivered them to the departing family. KEVIN you rock!  So our dossier is FINALLY in country!!!!!!!!

Friday night was an awesome night in our journey, as well. We held a spaghetti dinner and Chinese auction. At a time when we were just considering adoption, I mentioned to a friend that I had no clue how we would be able to afford an adoption. Quickly she stopped me and said wait till you see how everyone will come together to help you.  It was so true.  Our wonderful family from the Down Syndrome community, our biological family, our faith family and friends came out of the woodwork that night.  It was more than a dinner or auction.  There was just such a fun sense of community there. You know physical money support will all be spent, but the support that was everlasting was the faces of our friends old and some very new who shared that evening with us.  People actually cared about a little boy on the other side, who sits and waits for his momma and poppa to come and find him.  We are getting much closer.

Now that our dossier is complete and in country and our big benefit dinner is over, life has quieted down a bit. But, today I woke to news of more issues in Eastern Europe.  Now that the Olympics are over, Putin is focusing his attention on more unrest. I just pray that those over in that region of the world will find a peaceful solution and bring rest and restoration to people who have not been as fortunate as many of that will be reading this, with a peaceful and free life.

So at this point of the game I am guesstimating that it will be mid spring before we get to meet our 7th child.  I am so excited to see his face, search for his fingers and toes...everything a mom does when she sees her child for the first time. I am definitely felling like I am in my third trimester.  I just want can't wait.  But, much like a pregnancy, we will meet him when we meet him.

So I will leave with a verse, my favorite actually.  I found a new version .  John 14:27(NLT)"I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart.  And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  So don't be troubled or afraid."

No comments:

Post a Comment