FSP

http://static.reecesrainbow.org/donation-box/fsp-Speicher.html

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Almost done.....


This week should be pretty monumental for our family.  Well, at least in regards to the adoption.  We have received our appointments to get fingerprints taken.  Immigration requires all member of an adoptive household, 18 and older, to have this done.  Friday is the day we have our appointment scheduled.  But, Adam can not make it Friday morning because of his college classes.  So, Wednesday, he will make the 40 minute trip home.  He, Dave and I will scoot down to Pittsburgh and try to get the prints done early.  From my local friends, I hear this is not a problem.  Then there is my Jordan, way down at Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA.  He, too, has to have his prints taken.  But the closest immigration office to him is in Durham , NC...a 2 1/2 hour drive.  We weren't really sure how this was going to happen, as he does not have a car.  Yet, God is good.  A kid from our home youth group also goes to LU and  has agreed to drive Jordan to his appointment on Friday.  The poor guys have to get up before the sun....nothing like a college road trip!  So I made sure Jordan will have his GPS in one hand and his AAA card in the other.  All of this to say, hopefully in 2 weeks we will have our approval from immigration(USCIS).

This week we are going to finish up our 2013 taxes, too.  Once we have our finished taxes and USCIS approval we are finished with paperwork.  The documents will need to be notarized and sent for PA state approval and then on to Eastern Europe.

As you can probably understand, those things are very exciting to us.  But, today, I heard a bit of sad news from overseas.  There was a sweet baby girl that was recently listed for adoption, I thought for a moment that I could possible adopt her, too.  Luckily, I saw where some family started the commitment stage with her. Then today we heard the news that she passed away during heart surgery.  I am still numb thinking about this.  This sweet bundle probably never was held by a loving momma.  Was she ever kissed?  Or rocked to sleep? Well, I guess I should rest in the fact that her real Father is cradling her with the most amazing love tonight in Heaven.  But, this is why it is so urgent to get this kiddos home.  Not every orphanage is a nightmare. Most of them do not have the resources to properly take care of all these beautiful children.  I wish I could bring a bus load of kids back with us.  That is not reality at this point.

Something else....some have asked how they can help.  Number one, above all else, we need your prayers.  Pray for our trip...pray that all the paperwork is done properly....pray that we make proper arrangements for our kids back her at home...pray for our little one waiting for us from his orphanage crib.   But, after prayers, we do need finiacial support.  I am not who likes to ask for help...for anything.  Yet, if you have the urge to help, we still need over $15, 000 to be fully funded.  (I STINK at technology and at some point I will figure out how to get the link to our support page up.) Until then you can go to reecesrainbow.com , go to the "sponsor a family", then "compiling dossier." The Speicher family is there......

I pray this coming week is full of hope and exciting things for you to look forward to.  We will let you know soon how the fingerprinting went!!!! 

Till the next time...
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment