FSP

http://static.reecesrainbow.org/donation-box/fsp-Speicher.html

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Light..but maybe not the end of the tunnel....

Well, the new year came and went.  We did our usual New Year's Eve party.  Then January 1st  the Speicher clan gathered at Chinese buffet as we do every year.  This year there were over 40 of us to partake of this ritual.  Once we were stuffed and everyone scattered home, Alyssa and I settled down for our new tradition ...watching Les Miserables.  Last year we saw it in the theater.  And this year it was at home.  I guess our thought behind this somewhat depressing piece of art is, start of sad and low, the year will have to get better....and so we thought.

Jan. 2 was uneventful to start.  The kids went back to school.  That evening we settled in for a good old family game night.  Joel kinda milled about as the rest of us played Abbi's new Disney game "Eye Found IT!"  ( I highly recommend it for school age kids- although my teenagers really got in to it as well.)  Then I felt it, that warm, burning sensation in the back of the throat.  I ran and took my oil of oregano.  That ALWAYS kicks any bug right out of me.  I never get sick. ......

Friday morning I woke up achy and feverish, basically wishing I had a nanny and could go back to bed.  Finally I called Dave.  I begged him to come home.  Long story short, by the end of that night 6 out of the 8 of us had some variation of illness. It came and went and came back again for several of us.  But, we are all on the up swing now and ready to kick start 2014 for real.

I mailed off, what I thought was the last of my paperwork to be validated by the state.  Please know nothing in this process has been so easy for us.  Just before I put it all in the envelope to mail, I found that one document was no longer valid since it was the new year and will have to  wait until we get our 2013 taxes done before we can move on.  Really?  Really.  I sent our home study into the USCIS( immigration) that we could finish up with them.  I mailed it overnight so I could get this all moving on the fast train.  The following week I called to confirm they had it.  They did.  But that was all the lady could help me with.  You see we have to have our fingerprints taken at a immigration office.  And we are lucky enough to have one of those offices just 30 minutes from our door.  And anyone in our family over the age of 18 also needed to go through this process.  SO my 2 college boys need to have this done.  Well Jordan was getting ready to go back to Liberty University in several days.  That is in VA.  Needless to say our appointments for fingerprinting did not come before he left for his spring semester.  I had to call the USCIS again.  So early this week I called the USCIS to see what I could do about Jordan's appointment.  Well, I spoke with a very helpful officer.  He got Jordan an appointment.  But, the closest USCIS office to Jordan's school is 2 hours away.  So now I will have to find a way to get Jordan to Raleigh/Durham, NC within the next 2 weeks.  So see never simple.  And for the icing on the cake, we have to have our home study amended because of our 2 "adult" children.  If I could kick them out of the house, at least until this whole process is over, it would save a lot of work for me.  Just kidding.  We would never do that.  Just seems once we climb one hill, we can see that there are 2 more ahead to climb.

But, my God has a plan for us.  Not a plan to harm us, plans for a future.  Those things that we lay at His feet can be taken and turned from messed up timelines and inconvenient appointments...they can become His path to the redemption of a life that waits in a crib for the knowing hug of a mommy and daddy.  I pray God that you gives us the wisdom to get out of Your way and let You shine.  Cause this mountain we face before us.....$15,000 left to fund, 3 plus weeks of childcare preparations are nothing to You.  Please give us peace as we give every detail to You!

There is always light even if it is not the end of the tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment